Effective ways to improve your English fluencyDecember 21, 2021 2021-12-21 10:25
Effective ways to improve your English fluency
There is no doubt about the fact that learning a new language is tough, but an even bigger challenge is improving and maintaining your acquired proficiency level. Its like muscle memory really, the more you train, the better you become. Let’s have a look at some of the most effective way of improving and maintaining your English level
Incorporating it into your daily life
1. Incorporate English into your daily life. When choosing your next Netflix program, try watching it in English with English subtitles. This helps with boosting your vocabulary amongst other things. Watching the daily news in English, listening your favorite podcast topic or the radio as well are great ways to incorporate it into your daily life. This will also push you to be active as opposed to passive in your listening.
Download a language app
2. There are hundreds of language apps where you can get to practice your written English and listen to pronunciation. Download your favorite app and dedicate some time daily to read, write and repeat as repetition is key to mastering fluency.
Language Exchange buddy
3.Language exchange/meet up groups are also a fun way to get to practice English. If possible, ask that your meet up friend corrects you when you make speaking errors or if you happen to pronounce a word incorrectly.
4. Reading out is a classical way to of practicing pronunciation whilst learning new vocabulary and improving your general knowledge to get yourself to a little more advanced level. Whether it’s a magazine, a novel, newspaper article or even your favorite blog, reading is a great way to train your brain.
Your gadget settings
5. Try having your gadgets language settings in English (Laptop, computer, cellphone, tablet etc.) and social. This might potentially frustrate you in the beginning but benefit you in the long run.
Small talk with Smalltalkonnect.
Facilitated online conversation classes
6. Join facilitated English conversation classes that you will be attending atleast 2-3 times monthly. Practicing with a tutor/teacher who will assist in picking up errors will help you improve. Browse the Smalltalkonnect website for more information on this.
Create your personal library
7. Create a “new English vocabulary, phrases and idioms” journal where you will enlist new terminology you happen to come across and hope you will be able to use in future or add to your translate app if it’s an unfamiliar word you don’t understand.
Be host/hostess with the mostest
8.And finally, if you love hosting or having game nights in your home, how about you try to host your English-speaking friends where English is the order of the day and games like 30 seconds or charades and played in English
We hope you will find these tips helpful in your quest to becoming even more proficient in your English communication skills. For more tips and daily updates, follow us on social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn)
The STK Team